Please read this Agreements carefully. You can access the Agreements at any time via the footer of the Services’ home page or initial screen. Your access, visitation and/or use of the Services, including without limitation any registration on any aspect of the Services, will constitute your agreement to the Agreements. If you do not agree with the terms and conditions of the Agreements, you may not access, visit and/or use the Services.
Among other things, the Agreements govern all text, articles, photographs, images, graphics, illustrations, creative, copy, artwork, video, audio, music, podcasts, ringtones, games, trademarks, trade names, service marks, and other brand identifiers, designs, plans, software, source and object code, algorithms, data, statistics, analysis, formulas, indexes, registries, repositories, and all other content, information, and materials (collectively the "Content") available on or through the Services, whether posted, uploaded, transmitted, sent or otherwise made available by us, our licensors, vendors, and/or service providers, or by you, and/or other users or third parties, including any such Content uploaded manually or bookmarked by you and/or other users.
- Copyright Complaints:
- Via Vargas Media respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. We may, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, in addition to our other remedies, terminate, discontinue, suspend and/or restrict the account/profile or ability to access, visit, and/or use the Services of users who infringe the copyright rights of others, and we may choose to remove, delete, erase, or disable access to Content deemed to be infringing. It is our policy to terminate the access of repeat infringers.
- If you have reason to believe that your Content has been copied and/or is accessible on the Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that the Services contains links or other references to another site, application, destination or service that contains Content or activity that infringes your copyright rights, you may notify us by providing a document via fax, first class U.S. mail, or e-mail that includes the following information (as required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. sec. 512) to our copyright agent set forth below:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at the Service are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at the Services;
- Identification of the copyrighted work that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate such copyrighted work;
- Information reasonably sufficient to enable us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted work in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- IMPORTANT: MISREPRESENTATIONS MADE IN A NOTICE CLAIMING THAT CONTENT OR ACTIVITY IS INFRINGING VIOLATES THE DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT AND MAY EXPOSE YOU TO LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES (INCLUDING COSTS AND ATTORNEYS' FEES). COURTS HAVE FOUND THAT YOU MUST CONSIDER COPYRIGHT DEFENSES, LIMITATIONS OR EXCEPTIONS BEFORE SENDING A NOTICE. ACCORDINGLY, IF YOU ARE NOT SURE WHETHER CONTENT RESIDING ON OUR SERVICES INFRINGES YOUR COPYRIGHT, WE SUGGEST THAT YOU FIRST CONTACT LEGAL COUNSEL. IN ADDITION, PLEASE DETERMINE WHETHER THE CONTENT YOU ARE SENDING A NOTICE ABOUT IS ACTUALLY RESIDING ON OUR SERVICES BEFORE SENDING THE NOTICE.
- Copyright Agent:
1946A Paula Dr.
Honolulu, HI 96816
- Note: Only copyright complaints should be sent to agent. No other communications will be accepted or shall receive a response.
- PLEASE NOTE: THE INFORMATION WE PRESENT HERE IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE.
- Merchandise, Products and/or Services Available on or through the Services:
- WE MAY RECEIVE A COMMISSION, FEE, AND/OR OTHER COMPENSATION ON SOME PURCHASES MADE ON, THROUGH, OR LINKED FROM THE SERVICES.
- Nothing on the Services constitutes a binding offer to sell, rent, auction, distribute or give away merchandise, products and/or services, including without limitation Content. We reserve the right at any time after receipt of your order or bid to accept or decline such order or bid, or any portion thereof, or to not ship to particular addresses, even after your receipt of an order or bid confirmation or after you have been charged. Any prices displayed on the Services are quoted in U.S. dollars and are intended to be valid and effective only in the United States. In the event merchandise, products and/or services, including without limitation Content, are listed at an incorrect price, we have the right to refuse or cancel orders or bids placed at the incorrect price, regardless of whether the order or bid has been confirmed or you have been charged. If your order or bid is canceled by us after you have been charged, we will issue a credit. We reserve the right at any time to limit the quantities of merchandise, products and/or services, including without limitation Content, which you, your family or any group seek.
- Images available on or through the Services of merchandise or products, including without limitation Content, may not accurately capture the actual appearance, color, look and feel, specifications, features, or functionality of such merchandise or products.
- NEITHER WE NOR OUR INDEMNITEES (AS DEFINED BELOW) MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR GUARANTEES WITH RESPECT TO ANY OF THE MERCHANDISE, PRODUCTS, AND/OR SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION CONTENT, FEATURED, MENTIONED, DESCRIBED, AUCTIONED, DISTRIBUTED, GIVEN AWAY, RENTED, SOLD, OR OTHERWISE AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICES. ALL TRANSACTIONS FOR MERCHANDISE, PRODUCTS, AND/OR SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION CONTENT, SHALL BE BETWEEN THE USER AND THE THIRD PARTY SELLER, DISTRIBUTOR, OR MANUFACTURER WITHOUT ANY INVOLVEMENT BY US OR OUR INDEMNITEES. THESE THIRD PARTIES MAY REQUIRE THAT YOU AGREE TO THEIR ADDITIONAL TERMS, CONDITIONS, CONTRACTS, AGREEMENTS, AND/OR RULES.
- IF YOU BID ON, PURCHASE, ORDER, OBTAIN OR RESEARCH MERCHANDISE, PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION CONTENT, ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICES, NOTE THAT NEITHER WE NOR OUR INDEMNITEES HAVE ANY CONTROL OVER, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR, THE QUALITY, QUANTITY, SIZE, CHARACTER, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SPECIFICATIONS, FEATURES, FUNCTIONALITY, SAFETY, OR LEGALITY OF SUCH MERCHANDISE, PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES, THE TRUTH OR ACCURACY OF THE LISTINGS, OR THE ABILITY OF THE SELLERS TO SELL, SHIP, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDE SUCH MERCHANDISE, PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES.
- YOU AGREE THAT WE AND OUR INDEMNITEES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE, AND SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU, WITH RESPECT TO MERCHANDISE, PRODUCTS, AND/OR SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION CONTENT, FEATURED, MENTIONED, DESCRIBED, AUCTIONED, DISTRIBUTED, GIVEN AWAY, SOLD, RENTED OR OTHERWISE AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICES, INCLUDING ILLEGAL, OFFENSIVE OR ILLICIT ITEMS, EVEN ITEMS THAT VIOLATE THE AGREEMENT.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless us, our licensors, vendors, service providers, and each of our and their respective officers, directors, members, employees, independent and sub-contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, "Indemnitees") from and against any and all claims, disputes, demands, proceedings, cause of action, judgments, damages, liabilities, losses, costs or expense (including, but not limited to reasonable attorneys' fees) of any kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed (collectively, "Claims") which may arise out of or are in any way connected with your access, visitation and/or use of the Services, your Content, unauthorized use of Content obtained on or through the Services, breach or alleged breach of the Agreement, or from any of your acts or omissions in connection with the Services.
- Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability:
- CERTAIN FEATURES, FUNCTIONALITY, AND/OR CONTENT OFFERED ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICES MAY BE HOSTED, ADMINISTERED, RUN OR OTHERWISE PARTICIPATED IN BY THIRD PARTIES, SUCH AS OUR SERVICES PROVIDERS THAT PROVIDE SOCIAL, COMMUNITY AND PUBLIC DISCUSSION AREAS, PHOTO AND VIDEO GALLERIES, BULLETIN BOARDS, FORUMS, CHATS, BLOGS, AUCTIONS, SHOPPING, AND PERSONAL/JOB SEARCH AND OTHER CLASSIFIED ADS. THESE SERVICES PROVIDERS MAY REQUIRE THAT YOU AGREE TO THEIR ADDITIONAL TERMS, CONDITIONS, CONTRACTS, AGREEMENTS AND/OR RULES. YOUR COMPLIANCE WITH ANY SUCH ADDITIONAL TERMS, CONDITIONS, CONTRACTS, AGREEMENTS AND/OR RULES IS SOLELY YOUR RESPONSIBILITY AND WILL HAVE NO EFFECT ON YOUR CONTINUING OBLIGATION TO COMPLY WITH THE AGREEMENT WHEN USING THE SERVICES. WE AND OUR INDEMNITEES SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF SUCH THIRD PARTIES.
- YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE USING THE SERVICES AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICES IS PROVIDED "AS IS", "WITH ALL FAULTS" AND ON AN "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, AND WE AND OUR INDEMNITEES HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND GUARANTEES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY, CONDITION, GUARANTEE OR REPRESENTATION, WHETHER ORAL, IN WRITING OR IN ELECTRONIC FORM, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN OR PROVIDED BY US OR THE SERVICES. WE AND OUR INDEMNITEES DO NOT REPRESENT, WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THAT ACCESS TO THE SERVICES AND/OR COMMUNICATIONS OR MESSAGING FROM OR TO US OR YOU WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, OR ERROR FREE, OR THAT THERE WILL BE NO FAILURES, DELAYS, INACCURACIES, ERRORS OR OMISSIONS OR LOSS OF TRANSMITTED CONTENT, OR THAT NO SOFTWARE DISABLING DEVICES, TIME BOMBS, VIRUSES, WORMS, BUGS, OR DEVICES OR DEFECTS OF SIMILAR NATURE WILL BE TRANSMITTED ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICES, AND WE AND OUR INDEMNITEES WILL NOT BE LIABLE IN THE EVENT OF ANY SUCH OCCURRENCE.
- WE AND OUR INDEMNITEES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INCOMPLETE, INCORRECT, LOST, DELAYED, LATE, MISDIRECTED, GARBLED, DAMAGED, ILLEGIBLE, UNDELIVERABLE, OR INCOMPLETELY RECEIVED COMMUNICATIONS OR MESSAGING FROM OR TO US OR YOU FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING BY REASON OF HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, BROWSER, NETWORK, COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEM FAILURE, MALFUNCTION, DELAY, OR CONGESTION, OR ANY INCOMPATIBILITY AT OUR SERVERS OR ELSEWHERE, OR FOR ANY OTHER TECHNICAL PROBLEMS, ANY FORM OF ACTIVE OR PASSIVE FILTERING BY A USER'S COMPUTER, MOBILE OR OTHER DEVICE OR ACCESS PROVIDER, INSUFFICIENT SPACE ON USER'S COMPUTER, MOBILE OR OTHER DEVICE OR ACCOUNT/PROFILE, OR ANY OTHER CAUSE OR COMBINATION THEREOF.
- WE AND OUR INDEMNITEES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ALLEGEDLY SUSTAINED ARISING OUT OF THE AGREEMENT, THE SERVICES, THE SALE, PURCHASE, RECEIPT, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY MERCHANDISE, PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION CONTENT, YOUR ABILITY OR INABILITY TO ACCESS, VISIT AND/OR USE THE SERVICES, INCLUDING DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER, MOBILE OR OTHER DEVICE, OR FOR SOFTWARE DISABLING DEVICES, TIME BOMBS, VIRUSES, WORMS, BUGS, OR DEVICES OR DEFECTS OF SIMILAR NATURE ALLEGED TO HAVE BEEN OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICES, YOUR ACCESS, VISITATION, AND/OR USE OF, OR RELIANCE ON, THE SERVICES OR ANY OF THE MERCHANDISE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND/OR CONTENT AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICES, REGARDLESS OF THE TYPE OF CLAIM OR THE NATURE OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR LIABILITY TO YOU EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF FEES PAID BY YOU DURING THE ONE MONTH PERIOD IN WHICH THE CLAIM AROSE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. THE AGREEMENT IS NOT SUBJECT TO THE LAWS OF SUCH STATES, BUT TO THE EXTENT A CLAIM IS BROUGHT THEREIN, OUR LIABILITY AND WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH STATES, IN PART: "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR".
- Termination or Suspension of the Services, Your Use of the Services, and/or the Agreement:
- We reserve the right, in addition to our other remedies, to terminate, discontinue, suspend and/or restrict the Services, your account/profile, your ability to access, visit and/or use the Services or any portion thereof, and/or the Agreement, including without limitation any of our purported obligations hereunder, for any or no reason, with or without notice. In the event of any termination or discontinuation of your account/profile, your ability to access, visit and/or use the Services or any portion thereof, and/or the Agreement, we reserve the right, in addition to our other remedies, to reassign, and/or allow another user to use, your password and/or User ID.
- Even if the Services, your ability to access, visit and/or use the Services or any portion thereof, and/or the Agreement is terminated, discontinued, suspended or restricted, by you or by us, we have no obligation to (but we may in our discretion) remove any Content, and therefore copies of all information with regard to your account/profile and/or Content you may have posted, uploaded, transmitted, sent or otherwise made available on or through the Services, may be retained and/or remain viewable by us, our licensors, vendors, service providers and/or other third parties, including other users. Nevertheless, we have no obligation to retain, store, or provide you with any information with regard to your account/profile and/or Content you may have posted, uploaded, transmitted, sent or otherwise made available on or through the Services. All provisions of the Agreement shall survive the termination or expiration of the Agreement and/or your account/profile.
- Communications to You:
- The communications between you and us usually use electronic means, whether you access, visit or use the Services, send us messages, or whether we post notices on the Services or communicate with you via messaging. For contractual purposes, you (a) consent to receive communications from us in electronic form; and (b) agree that all notices, documents, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if they were in writing. Your consent to receive communications and do business electronically, and your agreement to do so applies to all of your interactions and transactions with us.
- You understand and agree that joining the Services may include receiving certain communications from us, such as transactional or relationship messages, and/or messages about your account/profile, and that these communications are considered part of your account/profile and you may not be able to opt out of receiving them without ceasing to be a registered user of the Services.
- Mobile Participants:
You understand and agree that various entities unaffiliated with us make up the "mobile ecosystem" that enables you to access, visit and/or use the Services via your computer, mobile or other device, including without limitation equipment, hardware and software manufacturers and providers, telephone, mobile, wireless, and Internet network providers and carriers, and sellers or providers of Content for use with the Services (collectively, the "Mobile Participants"). We do not represent, warrant or guarantee that all portions of the Services, or the Services as a whole, can be accessed via all mobile or other devices, or via all carriers and service plans or is available in all geographic locations. THESE MOBILE PARTICIPANTS MAY REQUIRE THAT YOU AGREE TO THEIR ADDITIONAL TERMS, CONDITIONS, CONTRACTS, AGREEMENTS AND/OR RULES. YOUR COMPLIANCE WITH ANY SUCH ADDITIONAL TERMS, CONDITIONS, CONTRACTS, AGREEMENTS AND/OR RULES IS SOLELY YOUR RESPONSIBILITY AND WILL HAVE NO EFFECT ON YOUR CONTINUING OBLIGATION TO COMPLY WITH THE AGREEMENT WHEN USING THE SERVICES. WE AND OUR INDEMNITEES SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF SUCH MOBILE PARTICIPANTS. We have agreements with some of these Mobile Participants that require us to make certain disclosures and pass along certain responsibilities to you. For such Mobile Participants, you specifically acknowledge and agree that: (i) the Agreement is between us and you; the Mobile Participants are not parties to the Agreement; (ii) the Mobile Participants and their parent, subsidiaries and affiliates are third party beneficiaries of the Agreement and upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of the Agreement, the Mobile Participants will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce the Agreement against you; (iii) the license granted to you hereunder is limited to a non-transferable license to use the Services on the particular product authorized by the applicable Mobile Participant that you own or control and as permitted by such Mobile Participant's applicable usage rules; (iv) Mobile Participants have no obligation whatsoever in connection with the functionality or content of the Services, or to furnish any maintenance or support services with respect to the Services; (v) in the event of any failure of the Services to conform to any applicable warranty, you may be able to notify the applicable Mobile Participant to receive a refund of all or part of the amount you paid for the Services, if any (to the maximum amount permitted by applicable law, Mobile Participants will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the Services); (vi) Mobile Participants are not responsible for addressing any claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses by you or a third party relating to the Services or your possession, access, visitation and/or use of the Services, including without limitation (a) product liability claims; (b) any claim that the Services fail to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (c) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation; and (vii) in the event of any third party claim that the Services or your possession, access, visitation and/or use of the Services, infringes such third party's intellectual property rights, Mobile Participants are not responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and/or discharge of such claim.
- Disputes and Jurisdiction:
- The Services are based in the United States. It is not designed, customized or intended for, or directed to, any other country. Those who choose to access, visit and/or use the Services do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. We make no representation, warranty or guarantee that the Services, or any merchandise, products, services, and/or Content available on or through the Services are appropriate, available, or legal in any particular geographic location.
- You agree that in the event of any dispute between us, you will first contact us and make a good faith sustained effort to resolve the dispute before resorting to more formal means of resolution, including without limitation any court action. In the event of any court action, all disputes will be resolved individually, without resort to any class action, and you specifically waive your right to a trial by jury. Furthermore, you agree that any cause of action must commence within one (1) year after the underlying issue first arose; otherwise, you waive any right to bring such cause of action and such cause of action is permanently barred.
- You agree that, regardless of where you access, visit and/or use the Services, all issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States and the state of Hawaii, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. Any disputes that result in court action will be resolved exclusively by a state or federal court located in Honolulu, Hawaii, and you specifically consent to the personal jurisdiction of such courts and waive any claim of forum non-conveniens. Should there be a conflict between the laws of Hawaii and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of Hawaii. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys' fees) and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
- If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of the Agreement, or portion thereof, to be invalid or unenforceable, that provision or portion will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to effect the intent of the parties, and the remainder of the Agreement will continue to be valid and enforceable in full force and effect.
- We reserve the right to post, from time to time, additional rules that apply to certain portions of the Services, or the Services as a whole. Such additional rules will be posted in the relevant portions of the Services, and are hereby incorporated into the Agreement by this reference. Your continued access, visitation and/or use of the Services constitutes your agreement to comply with these additional rules.
- Any delay or failure by us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Agreement will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. No waiver by us shall have effect unless such waiver is set forth in writing, signed by us; nor shall any such waiver of any breach or default constitute a waiver of any subsequent breach or default.
- We may sub-license, transfer, sell or assign the Agreement, and/or any of our purported obligations hereunder, at any time to any person or entity, with or without notice. You may not sub-license, transfer, sell, or assign the Agreement at any time to any person or entity, and any attempt to do so will be null and void.
- The Type of Information the Services Collect:
- Our servers may also automatically collect information about you, your online behavior and your computer, mobile or other device. The information collected may include, without limitation, the make, model, settings, specifications (e.g., CPU speed, connection speed, browser type, operating system, device identifier) and geographic location of you and/or your computer, mobile or other device, as well as date/time stamp, IP address, pages visited, time of visits, content viewed, ads viewed, the site(s), application(s), destination(s), and/or service(s) you arrived from, and other clickstream data.
- If you choose to access, visit and/or use any third party social networking service(s) that may be integrated with the Services, we may receive personally identifiable information and other information about you and your computer, mobile or other device that you have made available to those services, including information about your contacts on those services. For example, some social networking services allow you to push content from our Services to your contacts or to pull information about your contacts so you can connect with them on or through our Services. Some social networking services also will facilitate your registration for our Services or enhance or personalize your experience on our Services. Your decision to use a social networking service in connection with our Services is voluntary. However, you should make sure you are comfortable with the information your third party social networking services may make available to our Services by visiting those services' privacy policies and/or modifying your privacy settings directly with those services. We reserve the right to use, transfer, assign, sell, share, and provide access to all personally identifiable information and other information about you and your computer, mobile or other device that we receive through third-party social networking services in the same ways described in this Agreement as all of your other information.
- How the Services Use Information About You:
- We use personally identifiable information you supply through the Services to provide you with the merchandise, product, service, and/or Content you have requested. For example, if you subscribe to any of our publications, we may use your e-mail address to send you a confirmation notice and your mailing address to send you the publication. Similarly, if you enter an online sweepstakes, we will use this information to notify you if you are a winner. We may also use the information to communicate with you about new features, products or services, and/or to improve the services that we offer by tailoring them to your needs.
- We may also allow access to our database by third parties that provide us with services, such as technical maintenance, market research, community and forums management, auction services, and shopping, personal/job search and other classified ads functionality, but only for the purpose of and to the extent necessary to provide those services. And if you choose to purchase merchandise, products and/or services, including without limitation Content, on or through features on the Services
- , we may forward your information to third parties for services such as credit card or other payment processing, order fulfillment, credit pre-authorization, and address verification. There are also times when you provide information about yourself to us in areas of the Services that may be managed or participated in by third parties. In such cases, the information may be used by us and by such third party(ies), each pursuant to its own policies. We may also provide your information to our advertisers, so that they can serve ads to you that meet your needs or match your interests. While we may seek to require such third parties to follow appropriate privacy policies and will not authorize them to use this information except for the express purpose for which it is provided, we do not bear any responsibility for any actions or policies of third parties.
- We may also provide access to our database in order to cooperate with official investigations or legal proceedings initiated by governmental and/or law enforcement officials, as well as private parties, including, for example, in response to subpoenas, search warrants, court orders, or other legal process.
- In addition, we reserve the right to use the information we collect about your computer, mobile or other device (including its geographic location), which may at times be able to identify you, for any lawful business purpose, including without limitation to help diagnose problems with our servers, to gather broad demographic information, analyze trends, track users' movements around the Services, and to otherwise administer the Services. Geographic location information about you and/or your computer, mobile or other device may specifically be used to show you content and sponsored messaging based on geographic location.
- We reserve the right to use, transfer, sell, and share aggregated, anonymous data about our users as a group for any lawful business purpose, such as analyzing usage trends and seeking compatible advertisers, sponsors, clients and customers.
- In addition, as our business changes, we may buy or sell various assets. In the event all or a portion of the assets owned or controlled by us, our parent or any subsidiary or affiliated entity are sold, assigned, transferred or acquired by another company, the information from and/or about our Services users may be among the transferred assets.
- We reserve the right to identify you from your Registration Information and/or to merge or co-mingle anonymous or non-personally identifiable data about you, your offline and online behavior, and/or your computer, mobile or other device (including its geographic location), with your Registration Information and/or other personally identifiable data for any lawful business purpose.
- Local Device Storage and other Tracking Technologies:
- The Services may place and/or store code or other types of information and/or devices (e.g., "cookies") on your computer, mobile or other device ("Local Device Storage"). We may use Local Device Storage for any lawful business purpose, including without limitation to determine which of our messages have been opened by recipients so we can gauge the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, to control the display of ads, to track usage patterns, the movements of individual users, and your geographic location, to help diagnose problems with our servers, to gather broad demographic information, to analyze trends, to conduct research, to deliver editorial content, to record registration and personalization information, and to otherwise administer the Services. For example, if you register on any part of the Services and are given the option to save your user name and password, we may provide this convenience to you via Local Device Storage. Local Device Storage may also collect and store your personally identifiable information, which may be shared with our parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates and other companies.
- If you do not want Local Device Storage, your computer, mobile or other device may include an option that allows you to not accept it. However, if you disable Local Device Storage, some portions of the Services may not function properly.
- In addition to Local Device Storage, we may use web beacons, web bugs, clear gifs, and similar technologies (collectively, together with Local Device Storage, the "Tracking Technologies"). We use Tracking Technologies for all or some of the same lawful business purposes we describe above for use of Local Device Storage.
- Opting-Out of Third Party Tracking Technologies:
- Information Security and Notification:
- Because no data transmission is completely secure, and no system of physical or electronic security is impenetrable, we cannot guarantee the security of the information you send to us or the security of our servers, networks or databases, and by using the Services you agree to assume all risk in connection with the information sent to us or collected by us when you access, visit and/or use the Services, including without limitation your personally identifiable information or other Registration Information, and we are not responsible for any loss of such information or the consequences thereof.
- Moreover, if you elect to store information, such as your personally identifiable information or other Registration Information, where others may access it, we are not responsible for any loss of such information or the consequences thereof. If you lose a computer, mobile or other device, or it is stolen, that contains your personally identifiable information or other Registration Information, it is up to you to take all the steps necessary to protect yourself.
- In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you. If notification is appropriate, we may notify you via your computer, mobile or other device.
- Kids and Parents:
- These Services is not intended for use by children, especially those under age 13. No one under age 13 is allowed to register for the Services or provide any personally identifiable information or use our social, community and public discussion areas, photo and video galleries, bulletin boards, forums, chats, blogs, personal/job search and other classified ads, and elsewhere. Minors between the ages of 13 and 17, inclusive, must get the permission of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before making purchases, including subscriptions, on these Services.
- If your children disclose information about themselves in publicly accessible areas of the Services, they may get unsolicited messages from other parties. Accordingly, you should tell them not to do so.
- If you're worried about your children's activities or their privacy on the Services, we encourage you to contact our Policy Coordinator as described below.
Via Vargas Media
1946A Paula Dr.
Honolulu, HI 96816
Click here to be removed from The Latin Dish mailing lists.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
If you don't agree to the terms contained in the Agreements, you must immediately exit this website and/or mobile service.